- 2 pounds pork sausage
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 16 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Combine the sausage, baking mix, cheddar cheese, onion, celery and garlic powder. Mix well and form into 1 inch balls.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet 1/2 inch apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (traditional variety)
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice for avocado layer
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 avocados, halved, pitted, flesh spooned out
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup salsa (drain to equal 1 cup if salsa is especially runny)
- 3/4 cup sliced canned black olives, drained
- 1 cup grated pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup thin sliced scallion greens, green part only
Mix beans, chiles, 1 Tb. of lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. In a second small bowl, mash avocados with a fork; stir in remaining 2 Tbs. lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to make guacamole. In a third small bowl, mix sour cream and mayonnaise.
Spread bean mixture, then guacamole, then sour cream mixture, and finally salsa over the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or similar size pan. Sprinkle with olives, then cheese. (Dip can be covered and refrigerated up to 2 days) To serve, sprinkle with green onions.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds frozen fully cooked meatballs
In a Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, thaw meatballs in microwave according to package directions. Stir into sauce; heat through.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 (1 pound) loaf white bread, crusts trimmed
- 1 (22 ounce) jar baby dill pickles
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion juice and grated onion.
Spread the mixture thinly on the white bread slices. Roll 1 baby dill pickle in each slice of bread. Place in a medium glass baking dish with the seam side down. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
To serve, slice each bread roll into 1 inch slices.
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cooked and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle hot sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 (16 inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
In a medium bowl combine the cubed chicken, melted butter and hot sauce. Mix well. Spread whole bottle of salad dressing over crust, then top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 5 to 10 minutes. Let set a few minutes before slicing, and serve.
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni pasta, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Add the bacon, pasta, tomato, cucumber, egg, and celery. Gently fold until the salad is evenly covered with the dressing. Sprinkle with the sliced olives to serve.
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown; drain. Reserve 3 strips whole, crumble remainder and set aside. Add the mushrooms and onions; cook until tender.
In a large bowl, combine the crumbled bacon, mushrooms, onion, pork and beans, kidney beans, butter beans, ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper. Scoop bean mixture into prepared casserole dish. Place 2 or 3 strips of bacon on top of the bean mixture, if desired.
Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven until thick and bubbly, about 2 hours.
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lb beef stew meat
- 2 cans (15 oz each) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are softened.
Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and beef. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is lightly browned.
In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, place beef mixture. Stir in beans, tomatoes and water.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours. Stir well before serving.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
- 2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 bottle (12 oz) chili sauce
- 10 oz tortilla chips or 10 sandwich buns
In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix beef and remaining ingredients except tortilla chips.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours. Serve over tortilla chips or in buns.