- 1/2 Cup vanilla low-fat yougurt
- 4 oz. diced peaches in juice (do not drain)
- 2 cinnamon graham crackers (coarsely broken up)
- 1/3 Cup ice cubes
Place all ingredients except ice cubes into blender and cover. Blend on medium speed for about 30 sec. or until smooth.
ADD ice and cover. Blend on high speed until thickened.
Makes 1 serving.
- 4 Cups of Sugar
- 6 Cups of Cold Water
- 1 – 12 oz Can of Frozen Orange Juice From Concentrate
- 1 – 46 oz Can of Pineapple Juice
- 5 Large Mashed Bananas
- 4 Quarts of Lemon Lime Soda
In a large punch bowl combine the sugar and water, stir until dissolved. Add thawed orange juice, pineapple juice, mashed bananas and stir until the orange juice is dissolved. Divide banana crush punch mixture evenly into 4 freezer containers of equal size. Freeze banana punch for several hours until solid. Remove punch from freezer, wait about 1 1/2 hours before serving. Put frozen banana punch mixture into a punch bowl and pour 1 quart lemon lime soda to each container of frozen mixture.
Mix sugar, corn starch and salt in a sauce pan. Gradually stir in milk, cook over med heat stirring constantly until the mix thickens and boils. Boil and stir about 1 minute.
Stir at least half of the hot mix gradually into yolks, stir into hot mix in sauce pan, boil and stir 1 minute, remove from heat, stir in butter, vanilla and 3/4 c. coconut, pour into shell, press plastic wrap onto filling and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 48.
Remove plastic, top pie with whipped cream and remaining coconut.
Refrigerate any remaining pie immediately.
- 4-5 lb pork butt
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2-3 tablespoons sea salt
The night before the luau, rub pork with salt and liquid smoke and place in crock-pot. Add apple cider. Turn crock-pot on low and leave it to cook for 10-12 hours, flipping pork over halfway through. Take meat out of the crock-pot and shred. Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3 3 1/4 cups of finely chopped, lightly toasted pecans
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
12 oz. melted chocolate for dipping
- Stir together butter, condensed milk, coconut, nuts and vanilla. Add enough powdered sugar to form a stiff dough. (You may not need all of the sugar.)
- Refrigerate until well chilled, for at least one hour (preferably overnight).Form mixture into compact balls. Chill again, or freeze, before dipping.
- Skewer each ball on a toothpick and dip in melted chocolate to coat thoroughly.
- Place on baking parchment or waxed paper, remove toothpick, and set aside for chocolate to harden at room temperature. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 10 ounce package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain
- 1 8 ounce package refrigerated imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Toasted baguette slices or assorted crackers
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix mayonnaise and parmesan cheese in medium bowl. Stir in artichoke hearts, spinach and crabmeat.
Spoon mixture into 1 quart casserole. Sprinkle Monterrey Jack cheese.
Cover and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with baguette slices. 24 servings.
- 3 Cups Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- 3/4 Cup Lowfat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Caramel Syrup or Topping
- Whipped Topping
Add all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth. Pour into 4 glasses and add whipped topping.
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup crab meat, drained and flaked
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
Wash mushrooms, remove stems and store for later use. In a mixing bowl, combine other ingredients except for parmesan cheese. Stuff mushroom caps with crab mixture, mounding the tops slightly. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until filling is golden, about 20 minutes. Makes about 12 pieces.