- 1 pound of Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 Finely Chopped Medium Onion
- 2 Cans of Pork & Beans (do not drain)
- 2 Cans of Mexican Stewed Tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 Cans of Whole Kernel Corn (do not drain)
- 2 Cans of Red Kidney Beans (do not drain)
- 2 – 15 oz Cans of Tomato Sauce
- 1 packet of Taco Seasoning (any flavor)
Combine the ground beef and onion in a large skillet, brown meat until no longer pink in the middle. Drain the meat and pour into pan. Add the pork and beans, stewed tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring this taco soup recipe to a boil. Reduce heat and cook taco soup for 25 minutes. Serve with a dollop or cheese and serve with tortilla chips.
- 1 # of lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 (15 1/2-oz) can chili beans in chili sauce (do NOT drain)
- 1 (14 1/2-oz) can of chunky tomatoes (do NOT drain)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
Brown the ground beef or turkey and chopped onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat (approx.8-10 minutes or until beef is not pink), breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper.
Stir in beans, tomatoes,corn and 2 Tbsp. of cilantro and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro before serving.
Makes 4 – 1 1/2 cup servings.
- 1 leftover turkey carcass
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place turkey carcass in a soup kettle or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Remove carcass; cool. Set aside 3 qt. broth. Remove turkey from bones and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute the onions, carrots and celery in butter until tender. Reduce heat; stir in flour until blended. Gradually add 1 qt. of reserved broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cream, rice, salt, bouillon, pepper, remaining broth and reserved turkey. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender.
Merry Christmas from Shindigz!