1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 pound chorizo OR hot Italian sausage
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 cup spicy barbeque sauce
1/2 cup grape jelly
Heat oven to 350ºF.
In large bowl beat egg slightly. Add all remaining meatball ingredients; mix lightly. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place on 15×10 inch pan.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until evenly browned and cooked through. Drain off fat.
Meanwhile, in 3 quart saucepan combine bbq sauce and jelly. Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally with wire whisk, until well blended and mixture just comes to a boil (3-4 minutes).
Add meatballs; gently stir to coat. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through (3-5 minutes).
Chilled champagne combined with simple mixers allow you to serve up New Year’s with a delicious twist. Use flutes to preserve nose-tickling bubbles and these three easy steps:
1) Go with a medium-quality dry champagne or other sparkling wine.
2) Use well-chilled champagne, mixers and glasses.
3) Combine the champagne and mixers gently, pouring slowly and stopping for a few seconds if a fizz starts up.
That’s it! Now you are ready to mix champagne cocktails at your New Year’s party. Here are three classic, yet simple, champagne cocktail recipes for you:
Black Velvet: This is nothing more than sparkling wine added to beer — a stout or aged porter, actually, and enjoyed by Londoners for ages. The amount of each ingredient depends on the beer you choose; start with 1 part stout or porter to 4 parts sparkling but don’t hesitate to play with the proportions up to a 50/50 combo.
Kir Royale: Add ½ ounce crème de cassis to your sparkler. Crème de cassis is a black currant liqueur, so the kir is quite amenable to experimentation with other berry and fruit liqueurs. Garnish with a berry or twist of lemon rind.
Poinsettia: Put in ¼ ounce of Cointreau and a splash of cranberry juice. Finish with a careful pour of your sparkling wine. You’ll love the festive color as well as the flavor.
Looking for special flute stemware for champagne cocktails at your New Year’s event? See our selection of custom glassware to mark the occasion.
1 stick butter
1 cup flour
4 cups chicken broth
4 teaspoons dill weed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sour cream
3 lb frozen precooked meatballs
Melt the butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour to make a base.
Add the broth and the seasonings. Stir until thickened. Remove from heat. Then stir in sour cream.
Add meatballs (3 pounds for more sauce for the rice, 5 pounds for hors d’oeuvre).
Place in crock pot or slow cooker .
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3 3 1/4 cups of finely chopped, lightly toasted pecans
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
12 oz. melted chocolate for dipping
- Stir together butter, condensed milk, coconut, nuts and vanilla. Add enough powdered sugar to form a stiff dough. (You may not need all of the sugar.)
- Refrigerate until well chilled, for at least one hour (preferably overnight).Form mixture into compact balls. Chill again, or freeze, before dipping.
- Skewer each ball on a toothpick and dip in melted chocolate to coat thoroughly.
- Place on baking parchment or waxed paper, remove toothpick, and set aside for chocolate to harden at room temperature. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
- 1 can (20 oz.) Crushed Pineapple (do NOT drain)
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) or 1 pkg. (8-serving size) JELL-O Raspberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium Apple (chopped)
- 2/3 cup chopped Walnuts
Drain the pineapple, reserving liquid in 1-qt. liquid measuring cup. Remove 1 Tbsp. of the crushed pineapple; set aside for garnish. Add enough cold water to reserved liquid to measure 3 cups; pour into large saucepan. Bring to boil; remove from heat. Add gelatin; stir at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add cranberry sauce; stir until well blended. Pour into large bowl. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites.)
Stir in remaining pineapple, the apples and walnuts; stir gently until well blended. Pour into medium serving bowl.
Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Top with reserved crushed pineapple just before serving.
- 3 Cups Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- 3/4 Cup Lowfat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Caramel Syrup or Topping
- Whipped Topping
Add all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth. Pour into 4 glasses and add whipped topping.