This easy yeast roll dough rises in just 30 minutes. Great for beginner bakers!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Back pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes
or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Prepare hot roll dough as directed on back of the package; let dough stand 5 minutes. Roll dough into a 15 x 10 inch rectangle; spread with softened butter. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Sprinkle pecans over brown sugar mixture. Roll up tightly, starting at one long end; cut into 12 slices. Place rolls, cut sides down, in a lightly greased 12 inch cast iron skillet or 13 x 9 inch pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and a cloth towel; let rise in a warm place (85 degrees) free from drafts for 30 minutes or until size of dough has doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Uncover rolls, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until center of rolls are golden brown. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Stir together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla; drizzle over rolls.