- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni pasta, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Add the bacon, pasta, tomato, cucumber, egg, and celery. Gently fold until the salad is evenly covered with the dressing. Sprinkle with the sliced olives to serve.