- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 350°F.
Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare Frosting; spread over brownies. Cut into squares.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency.